The purpose of this course is to give the attendees the skills and all important confidence to design and deliver effective training courses. The course is suitable for those who already train but have never had any formal training themselves, or for people who are completely new to this.
The focus of the course is on developing an awareness of what makes a good learning environment and how attendees learn. If the whole day option is chosen then the afternoon is spent putting this into practice in a supportive environment.
Duration of course:
1 day face to face, or
2 half day online sessions
Style of delivery
The training is very interactive, whilst still ensuring that the key learning is taken from it. There is plenty of opportunity for the participants to discuss any concerns they may have and discuss any training they have run in the past, which they want to improve on. It is suggested that the course is followed up by the trainer observing trainers in action, back in the workplace and offering feedback, but this carries an additional cost.
The course will include:
- Establishing what makes a great training event for all involved
- Understanding how training needs are identified
- Learning about how people learn, and how to use this to deliver effective training courses
- Gaining an understanding of barriers to learning and how to overcome them
- Looking at how to evaluate the true value of a training course or learning event.