The purpose of the course is to give the attendees skills and knowledge of the key aspects of people management. It will equip line managers with the skills to manage the sorts of issues they may need to deal with on a day-to-day basis. Throughout the course the underlining theme will be the importance of effective people management for the organisation to thrive. This goes beyond the importance of legal understanding and looks at the impact that engagement can have on the organisation.
Duration of course:
1 day face to face, or
2 half day online sessions
Style of delivery
The training is very interactive, whilst still ensuring that the key facts and essential processes are taught. Where relevant in the design of the course reference will be made to the participants’ organisations’ policies and procedures, to ensure they are incorporated as the way of managing people.
There will also be plenty of opportunity for the attendees to discuss any past issues that they would like to reflect on, in terms of how they managed situations, or current issues they are yet to address.
The course will look at:
- What “people management” means, and what makes someone an effective people manager
- How to get the very best from your team and in return, for your company and its customers
- The importance of managing performance and how to make it part of everyday management
- How to deal with any issues of poor performance
- A (very) brief introduction to Employment Law
- Disciplinaries and grievances – how to manage difficult situations.