This course is split into two units, and at the end of each, delegates will be required to complete an assignment on what they have learnt so far. Upon successful completion, they will gain a Level 3 Certificate in Management Coaching & Mentoring and have the required skills (and qualification) to go on and be a coach or mentor.
Workshops are as follows:
The difference between coaching & mentoring and understanding the process
Thursday 30th January 2020
- What is the role of the coach?
- What is the role of the mentor?
- Summaries a brief history of both
- Identify the purpose of coaching and/or mentoring
- Consider where in the learning cycle that coaching & mentoring is most effective and why?
- Discuss the coaching & mentoring process and why and how we should record sessions
Understanding communication and the role of feedback
Thursday 27th February 2020
- Types of communication in coaching & mentoring
- Picking the right one and when
- Listening exercise
- The use of questioning in coaching & mentoring
- Blocks to communication and overcoming them
- Consider why sensitivity and confidentiality are both essential to the coaching & mentoring relationships
We will also consider the role of feedback and the variety of methods:
- Types of feedback – Intrinsic & Extrinsic
- Explore both in group exercise – ‘Acts of Recognition’
- Why feedback is so valuable – ‘Balls & bucket exercise’ (or another)
- Consider any potential block to giving and/or receiving feedback
- Developing a feedback culture in teams and organisations
Coaching & mentoring in teams and organisations
Thursday 26th March 2020
- Identify the benefit to coaching individuals, teams and an organisations
- Identify the benefits to mentoring individuals, teams and in organisations
- Consider individual coaching models
- Consider team coaching models
- Engage the students in practical exercises that work through the coaching models
Goal setting in coaching & mentoring, managing expectations and the review process
Thursday 30th April 2020
- Why have goals?
- Understanding how motivation, self-belief and imagination underpins personal goals
- The need for benchmarks to monitor progress
- Difficult conversations around managing expectations
- Ownership of the expectation
- Recording expected outcomes of individual, team and organisational needs
- The review process for individual, team and organisational performance improvements
- When and why to make changes to the process
The skills knowledge and behaviours of the coach and mentor
Thursday 21st May 2020
- What are the skills of a top coach/mentor?
- What sort of knowledge does a top coach/mentor need?
- Does a coach/mentor need to be an expert in the subject area?
- Consider which personal qualities and attributes are present in top coaches/mentors
- How to develop your coaching/mentoring skills, knowledge and experience
- Explore the process for identifying the gap between current performance levels and the expected skills, knowledge and behaviours of teams
- The challenge of creating a coaching culture in teams and organisations
Meeting the needs of the individual, teams and organisations (plus course review)
Thursday 18th June 2020
- The need to plan coaching and mentoring
- Selecting the right tools and techniques to deliver success
- Course review
Payment plan option is available for this course