This course is ideal for team leaders, first line managers and those aspiring to reach these roles. Often our delegates have been in these roles for some time but have never had any training.
Delegates learn what it takes to be a great leader and inspire those they manage to perform to their highest potential, and develop and practice the skills to do this back at work. We also look at the challenges that managers can face when managing a team and the knowledge and skills needed to manage these situations.
The course is comprised of a combination of six workshops, assignments, and home learning, which upon successful completion will earn the delegate a Level 3 Certificate in Management and Leadership.
Wednesday 23 March 2022 – Workshop 1
- Course induction
- Governance and how organisations operate
- Understanding the management role (part 1)
Wednesday 27 April 2022 – Workshop 2
- Understanding the management role (part 2)
- Management and leadership approaches (part 1)
Wednesday 25 May 2022 – Workshop 3
- Management and leadership approaches (part 2)
- Knowledge, skills and behaviours to be an effective manager
Wednesday 29 June 2022 – Workshop 4
- Understanding the role and purpose of teams
- Recognising the characteristics of a high performing team (part 1)
Wednesday 27 July 2022 – Workshop 5
- Recognising the characteristics of a high performing team (part 2)
- Knowing how to lead, communicate with and motivate a high performing team
Wednesday 7 September 2022 – Workshop 6
- Knowing how to respond to challenges when managing a team proactively
- Knowing how to manage the performance of a team
Payment plan options are available for this course.