Appraisals are an essential tool to enable managers to review performance, develop training plans and to manage performance. The process provides an opportunity for two-way communication between the parties to resolve issues and to improve performance. Business objectives can be cascaded down through the appraisal process to ensure that activities are aligned to the direction of the business.
Duration of course:
Style of delivery
This workshop is for anyone with staff management responsibilities. Delivery is interactive, with the opportunity to discuss and share personal experiences, and to consider some real-life examples. The workshop will provide a clear explanation of the appraisal process, and will provide tools and techniques to help you conduct effective appraisals.
- Look at how to identify and deal with problems early.
- Consider the importance of managing performance, using the appraisal process, and look at the possible barriers to performance management.
- Understand how to develop employees and set objectives.
- Learn how to align objectives to meet the needs of the business.
- Learn how to prepare for and conduct reviews and appraisals, including looking at the key pitfalls to avoid.
- Develop good employee relations, and use the appraisal as an opportunity to strengthen relationships and deal with any concerns.
- Consider how to give and deal with feedback.